Tuesday, 30 June 2015

Dark Eldar Fleshsperiments



I am fortunate in the subject I teach that colleagues are often like-minded. one such is a fellow wargamer and blogger, and he asked me how I would go about painting dark eldar flesh in order to achieve a particular result. these are my initial experiments.


The inspiration – a character from Destiny I believe. I started with two heads, primed white and mounted on cocktail sticks.


A wash with asurment blue, diluted.


Then a glaze with warlock purple


a mix of warlock purple, just a tip, and white for highlighting, finished with shadows in baal red, black eyes and collar and a bone/blood head adornment et voila.


a little too warm on the purple, so for the second, we aim to stay more blue.


Primed white base again (airbrush primed with vallejo white primer)


Heavier blue wash


Lighter pruple glaze


work the highlights with white and a tip of purple, black out the eyes and the collar..


And here they are together. I may need to use the third head I have to stay even more blue. but we shall see.

Tuesday, 23 June 2015

WWII U.S. Airborne Step by Step


A quick step by step on the way I painted the recently posted US Airborne as requested – I hold these up not as examples of how to make “awesume doods”, but a quick tabletop effective way to get a force together – I can do ten plus of these a day, probably twenty if I did bigger batches..


I prime light grey- I want some desaturation, but I don't want them dark..

It gets pic heavy after the jump..


Tuesday, 16 June 2015

WWII U.S. Airbourne Command Section


Painted for bolt action or operations squad, and a mix of artizan warlord and crusader I think..

DSC_9533 DSC_9534 DSC_9535 

NCO has the smoke and the “new” grease gun; His veteran companions carry the Thompsons.


A medic.. His face is a little miscast so he looks like he's carrying those bandages off somewhere to sort himself out to be fair…


Next week’s post is a step by step on these chaps to show you which paint is where as it was requested, and shortly after that I should have the 500pt force of them painted.

Tuesday, 9 June 2015

Blood Angels Death Company Drop Pod Painted


Necessity drove this in part, (the spare DC arms and some old DC torsos lying about) but it presents both a good model and some nice tactical options, so I’m really pleased with the whole deal.


The exterior – takes a while to line up the X‘s so they don't look funky, not too narrow, but still readable..


..and the guys whose “ride” this is they seem quite pleased.

Tuesday, 2 June 2015

Raphen’s Death Company Painted


I can share these now that they’ve appeared online; was a pleasure to paint these chaps..

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...