Google+

Monday, 10 February 2014

Lucius Pattern Titan Chaos Conversion – Wot I did

 

Here’s a few of the “WiP” shots I took as I worked on the titan I posted the other day.

DSC_8102

you can see I started with an imperial paint job – Legio Gryphonicus, with the orignial intent that it show some of it’s past as a loyalist Engine..

However as I got more into the conversion ad the paint I realised it wasnt going to look right, and I needed to go the whole hog.

The first step of the conversion once I cooked up the idea was to make some skull cladding.

DSC_8103 DSC_8104 

to that end, into a plastic box went some plasticene and into the plasicene went a bunch of skulls

Enough to cover a facing of the lower leg plate..

 

DSC_8106 DSC_8107

Atop this i poured rubber, to make a mold, and then cast resin to create sheets of skulls relifs..

DSC_8108 DSC_8109

you can see here the first pull, and the test fit.

DSC_8110 DSC_8111 DSC_8112 DSC_8113

Cladding progress and more test fitting

DSC_8114  DSC_8116

The skulls proliferate…

DSC_8117 DSC_8118

the second major part of the conversion (apart from just “sticking bitz on”) was to adorn the top with a chaos star, but one that looked as though those who venerate it had roughly welded on the symbol.

DSC_8119 DSC_8120

I sketched out, measured and cut to shape the parts and test fit everything before glueing.

DSC_8121 DSC_8122

Once in place, green stuff was pressed along the edges of all the plates to resemble rough weld lines.

Once all these were in place, I treated the painted surfaces to some GW technical Agrellian Earth to create the crackles, and then set about painting the beast.

Results of which can be seen in last week’s post.

Hope that helps, and if you’;re thinking of completing, or god forbid converting a Titan, drop me a line below, i’d love to see how you tackled it.

No comments:

Post a comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...